Saturday, October 12, 2019

Terpsicorps Artwerks Show at Rock Your Rack

Today I got to watch the amazing Terpsicorps Artwerks troupe perform at Rock Your Rack, an annual fund raising event in Second Life to raise money for the Breast Cancer Association. 

The announcer was вεεвş ςαяƒιεℓđ (bb.schmooz) who did a wonderful job and the stages were just amazing. I'm going to put the comments by the announcer under each of the pictures I took of the stages and dancers for you. This was a very emotional and touching show for me with the declining health of my own mother from cancer and I am very thankful to have been invited to attend. 

 вεεвş ςαяƒιεℓđ: Again, we are TerpsiCorps Artwerks and we're very honored to be here today, raising money for an amazing cause :)
Our first act is brought to us by Melli! Enjoy!!!
Danced to:  Jack's Mannequin - Swim
вεεвş ςαяƒιεℓđ: Up next is Adam and Bella....
Danced to:  Adam & Bella - Aerosmith - Pink

вεεвş ςαяƒιεℓđ: Our next performer asks that you change your windlight to MIDNIGHT please!
Dax is up next with a very beautiful and touching act... Enjoy!!

Danced to: THE Cinematic Orchestra Feat. Niara Scarlett - Horizon

 вεεвş ςαяƒιεℓđ (bb.schmooz): The Rock Your Rack event is going until October 19th, so make sure you check everything out here! They have vendor stalls, a 10L hunt, DJs and events every day! For more information about our event please visit http://rockyourrack.wordpress.com


 вεεвş ςαяƒιεℓđ (bb.schmooz): It's Rory's turn with a very touching act.... Enjoy!!!
Danced to : Emeli Sand - You Are Not Alone

вεεвş ςαяƒιεℓđ (bb.schmooz): Up next is Queenie with a beautiful act... Enjoy!!!
 
 яeđ Qυєeи - Lααѕσиεи (queenie.acacia) before I begin dancing for you today, I want to dedicate this dance to several people in my life.
 I have lost several RL family members to some form of cancer. My sister-in-law, my uncle, both my maternal and paternal grandmothers and currently another uncle is fighting every day. I have also lost my dad, and not having him here has left a hollow spot in my world.
 I have lost 2 close friends to cancer, my wonderful high school friend and also a coworker, both far too young to have been lost.
In SL I have friends that fight cancer every day and are kicking its ass. Their strength and fierceness is awe inspiring to me and I'm glad they are still fighting.
яeđ Qυєeи - Lααѕσиεи: /me This dance though, is dedicated to a wonderful dancer named Winniefred. Her named changed with the holidays but we loved her and called her Winnie. Winnie was a dancer, friend and confidant to many people inside SL. She was one of the most amazing people I have met in SL with a heart so big and so giving that SL lost some positive energy when we lost her. One day Winnie was with us, fighting and remaining strong and the next she was gone. Losing her has left a hole in my heart but the memories of her silly personality will be with me forever. This dance is to a song called Womans Work by Maxwell. Winnie always danced to the original version of this song every October. Dear Winnie, we love you and miss you every day.
 I raise an oreo to you my amazing friend. This one is for you.
Danced to : Queenie - Maxwell - This Woman's Work


  вεεвş ςαяƒιεℓđ: Our next performer asks that you change your windlight to MIDNIGHT! Thank you! Our finale is brought to us by Chrissy! Enjoy!!!

Breast cancer is one of the leading health crises for women. 1 in 8 women, and an every increasing percentage of men will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. There is currently no known cure for breast cancer, and its early diagnosis is critical to survival.
Models Giving Back is pleased to present Rock Your Rack, an annual fundraising event combining the best of SL Music, Art and Fashion to support the work of breast cancer charities and raise awareness for early detection which is critical to a positive outcome for this devastating disease.
This Year's Sim Sponsor is Digital Farm Systems. Other sponsors include Awesome Breed Creations, Dark Betty, Emerald Couture, MOZ Fashion Designs, and Yasum Fashionart.
This year's event will support the National Breast Cancer Foundation which provides free mammograms, education, support and early detection services to anyone in need.
Designers will be providing limited edition creations with 100% of the sales of those items going to the National Breast Cancer Foundation along with a fine selection of the newest, exclusive and most popular designs for your shopping pleasure. And, of course, the very popular 10L hunt will be up and running in the 85 different designer booths and 25 different artist booths.
For a complete listing of events and more details on this year's event, please visit the website: rockyourrack.wordpress.com
This year's event officially opens to the public on Saturday, October 5, 2019 at 12:00 am SLT and will close at 11:59 pm SLT on Saturday, October 19, 2019.

Together we can make a difference!


No comments:

Post a Comment